Welcome to Hyundai Kia Forums!

Go Back   Hyundai Kia Forums > Kia Forums > Kia Economy Car Forums > Kia Rio and Rio Cinco Forum

Kia Rio and Rio Cinco Forum Forum for discussions regarding the Kia Rio, Kia Rio5 and Kia Rio Cinco

Hyundai and Kia Forum: How can I fix the broken manual door lock on my 2004 Kia Rio?

Old 09-25-2010, 02:26 AM

Default How can I fix the broken manual door lock on my 2004 Kia Rio?

I have a 2004 Kia Rio with a broken manual lock on the passenger side. Today, I was trying to unlock the passenger side by reaching over from the driver seat to pull up the lock. I pulled it up and it came right out. I tried to put it back in, but it would be loose and seemed like if I put it back in the hole, it would fall in so I kept it out while I continued to find the problem. I got out of the car and went over to the passenger side to try to unlock the door with my key. The key would turn to the unlock side, but when I tried to turn it the the locking side, it just felt jammed and blocked. My passenger door will now not open without the lock attachment, but it will not go back in. Any suggestions on how to fix this? It seems like it should be simple since this is the first time it happened and it was working just fine up until this point. It also came out very easy. There was no force to pull it up, it just slid right out. Thank you for any help.